Monday, March 24, 2008

RSS feeds and the like

Well, RSS feeds are interesting.  Many different ways to start it up.  This was the first time I had used Bloglines to set up RSS feeds.  It was quite easy to set up and all where you can go!  It is amazing!  It is nice to be able to access one place and see if there are any updates on the pages, although, I have to admit, I do like going to the pages.  You never know what else you might find if you go wandering around the Web.  I selected a variety of sites, including the comic strip, Cathy.  There are not too many comic strips around that are so funny and yet so topical, in a real life context.

I think the best way for libraries to use this technology is for new items added to their catalogues and the events that we all run.  Maybe it will grab more people if they do not have to remember to look to see what the library is running at whatever time....

No comments: